I have found that by stating your goals publicly, you have more chance to succeed. So I have been posting my running goals at work for the last couple of years as part of a Gatorade initiative to #winfromwithin (yes, everything here has a hashtag and no, there is not Gatorade coming out of the water fountains).
So, here are mine (with my progress since I am posting this in May):
- Run 6 1/2 marathons – or about one every other month
- Jan – Rock and Roll 1/2 in Tempe, AZ – COMPLETE – PR! (2:03)
- April – Bunny 1/2 in Chicago – COMPLETE – PR! (2:00:58)
- June – signed up for the Chicago 1/2
- July – Rock and Roll Chicago – ready!
- Sept – need to sign up for Chicago 1/2 (there seems to be a few of these, huh?)
- Nov – signed up for Rock and Roll Vegas!
- Run 4 other races for a total of 10 races (this is a stretch since I ran 7 total last year)
- Urbanathlon – Oct – 10.8 miles with crazy obstacles – run in less than 2 hours (2:10 in 2013 but I was stalled after the soldier field steps!)
- 15K – Nov – Hot Chocolate
- 10K – May – Susan G Komen – COMPLETE!
- 5K – Bucktown and/or Chase Corporate Challenge
We will see how the year progresses!